Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The first time I met Mike, I was brand new and cuckoo. He was the secretary of Il. Mas. Monday night, so I thought he was the boss and definitely must have it all together. I got to know him the usual way through fellowship Michael's, Clarke's, etc. and sharing in meetings. He was such a staple my first 3 years.

I was surprised at how many pics I had of him but then on closer examination, many of those pics were big events for me to which he showed up. I, too, found in him a very safe and fun-loving friend. His wry wit was a great signature by which to remember him.
This past Monday, I stepped outside of my comfort zone and went for some more heavy-duty service work. While deciding whether or not to take the chance, I realized, life is very sweet and fragile, so I took the opportunity and did so Mike's honor.
I am sad he's gone.

Sarah A.

No comments: