Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mike had a great laugh. I have many memories of Mike... Sometime in the last 2 years I was visiting Chicago, walking down Belmont by Sheffield and there he was in traffic in his hot little car so I ran into the street and we exchanged hugs and chatted until people started beeping. We loved the randomness of us bumping into each other like that. Another more recent memory is showing up to St Michael's with Anne and Mike was there chairing the meeting. That was another random meeting but every time I would visit Chicago it felt like I would see him. He was also really there when I was getting sober. I remember his house warming party and how excited he was to give this gift to his mom. I remember sailing with him (on Jim's boat) the last week I lived in Chicago... such an imprint in my mind. Also him taking me to the beach that week. I thought I should pack and he insisted on me joining the crew. I always felt safe with Mike. I always laughed with Mike. I always will remember my friend fondly with a tan, a crinkle in his nose and a smile.

--Krissy

No comments: