Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I met Mike my first week in the program over 4 years ago and we were fast friends. Between Young Peoples, Clarke's and St. Mike’s, I loved being around him. His wit challenged me. He always said that I had the brains, but I always knew he had the smarts. I loved to listen about his newly made furniture, his day-to-day issues at his beloved company, and I jumped to lay eyes on that wonderful car the night he bought it. He had such vivid hopes and dreams that I felt lucky to hear about anytime they were discussed. I was in awe of his social life and loved to see him in action at parties - whether in the backyard around the vegetables, or on the couches next to the squirrel, or eating his mom’s amazing snacks.

I adored Mike and I’m not sure what life looks like without him. What I do know is that I am going to carry his spirit with me always, and I am going to continue to strive to make him proud of me.

--Kari R.

No comments: